Tuesday, May 27, 2008

bugs

It seems that when I had the lurgy, just a few days ago, it was just a warm up!

I have been confined to my bed, alternating between boiling hot and sweaty and freezing cold and shivering, most of the weekend...I just about managed to work my way through Saturday and today I ventured out for a trip to the doctor. Twice.
I had to give the doctor a sample but I just couldn't go...so in the end I came back home, drank a couple of pints of water, and I was back in business. SO after two walks to the doctor I officially have the flu. The doc thought that first of all but wanted to check, and as there has been no phone call it means I'm in the clear...although feeling pretty low. My voice has gone *almost* I'm using A LOT of tissues and I am sleeping loads, this afternoon I napped for 3 hours!!

I've organised cover for work again tomorrow so I expect I'll be doing a lot more napping and resting....keep well peeps, this man flu I've got is AWFUL ;-)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're not well, hope you feel a lot better soon.

picciolo said...

oh get well soon sisterini, here's a really big hug
: )
xxx

Anonymous said...

hope you fill better soon, jade and david x x x x x

Blooming Felt said...

Oh poor you ! Get better soon. Sending lots of (hopefuly) healthy bugs your way !! Sarah x

pinkgreen said...

You poor thing. Hope you are soon up and about again.
Cathy X

monda-loves said...

oh that sucks. Hope you get better soon. I'm actaully not feeling so good myself today - maybe a caught your lurgy by reading your blog?

Hope you're back on form again soon

Monda
x

Indigo Blue said...

I had proper flu several years ago and it totally knocked me flat. I had swollen joints, migraines an neck that felt like I had mumps. Every inch of me hurt! However my nose was perfectly ok which was I started to feel better. Never forgotten it so when people are away from work for a couple of days and say they have had flu it is complete cobblers. You have my sympathy and beware of going back to work too soon. Take it easy for as long as it takes. There was one highlight I did lose a stone in wieght! Would rather go on a diet!

PeggyCrafts said...

oh no, poor you, hope you feel better soon :) xx

pink-petal-designs said...

Hope you are soon feeling better !!
Sarah x

Kitty said...

*Squirts Dettox all round the comment box before coming in .......*

Sorry to hear you're not well Sarah - take care of yourself. Keep warm and hydrated. Hope you feel much better very soon. (((Hugs))) x

Anonymous said...

oh dear. Poor you :(
Make sure you stay snuggley and warm and feel better soon *hug*
xx

Bagladee said...

Hope you are feeling better soon and back to your felty bloggy self....take care Sarah.

Emxx

dottycookie said...

Oh no, that's not fair - it's nearly June, you shuldn't be getting flu! Hope you feel much better soon, and take care of yourself till you do.

Bagladee said...

we're all missing your posts sarah, get well soon. xx