Thursday, September 23, 2010

routine

I've spent so long fitting paper-and-string around my old day job that finding a new routine is a little bit trial & error...I seem to have settled into one that's working for now, but I'm flexible if it feels like changing again!!
Early Morning I spend time on the computer, answering emails & sorting orders and quite often I fit in a little hand sewing time (along with coffee #2!)

About 10am I make my way to the workshop & I make stock & special orders, photograph items and start cutting out the next things to make.
Afternoons are dedicated to order picking/packing/posting (I keep experimenting with the time I go to the Post Office and so far the queues have been smaller than when I had to go at 5pm~and that means a BIG saving of around 30 minutes every day!) when I'm done at the Post Office I spend a few hours doing computery/website/paper work type jobs

... Evenings are for hand sewing, planning & list writing!
(or going out but that doesn't happen every night!!)
Working by myself still feels like a bit of a novelty...like I've taken a holiday from the day job and am due back soon...I'm sure that feeling will wear off eventually, but either way I'm loving every minute of it so far!
*************************************************
Today is my Mum's birthday ~ Happy Birthday Mum, I love you xxx

10 comments:

Saskia said...

It's good to have a 'happy job'! :)

Saskia :)

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

So glad it's going well!
Ali x

Jessie May said...

Those little birds are really cute! Pleased you are enjoying your days!

trash said...

happy Birthday Mama Paper And String!

Christy said...

Oh, I just love those little birds. They make my heart happy! :)

Anonymous said...

love your cuties, nice to hear that you are enjoyng your new job, great day for your mum's birthday.

Anonymous said...

Yes it is a great day - it's my 10th wedding anniversary!! But happy birthday to your mummy too! Did you make your ribbon decisions??!!!
love the birds and all the dotty bits.
Juliexoxo

ÖRGÜÇANTAM-Hatice yazıcı said...

çok güzel olmuş , eline saglık.

Anneye mutlu yıllar .

Mopo said...

Hi!
Your blog is wonderful!
I just placed an order on your wholesale shop.Now I can't wait for parcel post to come.
I'm sorry if my english isn't perfect.
Take care of you!
Bye
Mopo

MitziMakes said...

i love the birdies!! :)